hover over image to see larger view & scroll to zoom
You have the passion. You want to join the best of the best in recreational scuba diving. You want to live the dive lifestyle and explore the underwater world and go places and see things you have never experienced. More than a pipe dream? Absolutely! Do it by becoming a PADI Master Scuba Diver – a rating that puts you in a class of distinction – writing your ticket to endless adventure and opportunities through the experience and scuba training that sets you apart.
With the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating, you have reached the highest non professional level in the PADI System of diver education. It means that you have acquired significant training and experience in a variety of dive environments.
- 12 years old
- PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver or Junior Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Minimum of five PADI Specialty Diver courses
Minimum of 50 logged dives
Certificate Requirements: You will acheieve the Master Scuba Diver rating by completing five specialty courses of your choice.
- Boat Diver
- Deep Diver
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Drift Diver
- Dry Suit Diver
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air Diver
- Equipment Specialist
- Multilevel Diver
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigation
Equipment: Standard scuba gear plus accessories such as compass (Naviagtion Diver), torch (Night Diver), etc.
Materials: See each specialty for required material.
What's Next? Take the first step in becoming a PADI Pro Divemaster.