PADI Boat Diver Specialty Course
Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course can benefit almost every diver because different boats in different parts of the world do things differently. Diving from a boat is fun, especially when you look at ease when maneuvering around on it. It’s fun to know what you’re doing.
Prerequisites: PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation).
The course: Two open water dives. Learn the tips, tricks and ways to:
- Dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to giant live-aboards: how they differ from place to place and gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area.
- Safely enter and exit the water: sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat and sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder.
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas.
- Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
- Locate basic boat safety equipment.
- Equipment: Standard scuba gear.
Materials: PADI Boat Diver manual and dvd.
What's Next? You can do many types of diving from a boat. Any certified diver can complete the Boat Diver course, which can help you reach the coveted Master Scuba Diver rating.