PADI Drift Diver Speciality Course
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
Prerequisites: Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation).
The course: Two open water dives. During this course, you'll learn:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving.
- An introduction to drift diving equipment -- smbs, lines, reels.
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving.
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.
Equipment: Standard scuba gear plus accessories, reel and smb.
Materials: The PADI Drift Diver crewpack.
What's Next? Try the Peak Perforamance Buoyancy. Buoyancy techniques are essential whilst drift diving.
COURSE PRICE INCLUDES MANUAL