PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty
Have you ever dropped something in the water? Are you looking for lost “treasure”? The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course will teach you effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface. Small, large or just awkward, there is a way to bring them up. Find lost items and lift them to the surface. It’s fun to use the lift bag. Not only are these skills fun, but very practical and ultimately useful because eventually, you’ll lose something in the water. As a Search and Recovery Diver, you’ll know how to search for and recover it.
Prerequisites: PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation) or PADI Open Water Diver with Navigation specialty (or qualifying certification from another training organisation).
The course: Four open water dives.
- Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
- How to locate large and small objects using search patterns
- How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
- Limited visibility search techniques
- Equipment: Standard scuba gear plus underwater compass, line, reels and a lift bag.
Materials: The PADI Search and Recovery crewpack (dvd and manual).
What's Next? Because you often need to navigate to specific spots to find lost items, the Underwater Navigator course can help you perfect your navigation skills.
COURSE PRICE INCLUDES MANUAL