hover over image to see larger view & scroll to zoom
What a great way to introduce children to scuba diving in a pool in less than six feet of water. Celebrate a birthday by throwing a memorable, exciting Bubblemaker party with friends and family at your local PADI dive shop or resort. It’s fun, easy and safe. Youngsters can join in the family fun of scuba diving or even start a trend! Children should be comfortable in the water, but they don’t have to be super swimmers. With youngsters in mind, the maximum depth is only 2 metres/ 6 feet. Typical sessions last about an hour (sign up, gear up and fun included).
Prerequisites: Must be aged 8 or above.
The Course: Kids get a chance to:
- Experience what scuba diving is like under the direct care and supervision of PADI Instructors.
- Take their first breath underwater,
Maximum Depth: 2 metres.
Equipment: Children use all the basic scuba gear, which is made for their size and stature.
Materials: Ready to blow bubbles? The Bubblemaker crewpack gives kids a memento of their visit to the underwater world and is full of fun surprises. The pack includes: a kid-sized beach towel, log book, certificate, temporary tattoo emblem and the adorable and a popular Bubblemaker “action figure.” Adults love them, too.
What's Next? Bubblemakers can continue the adventure to complete AquaMissions during the Seal Team program. Those who are 10-14 years old can take the Junior PADI Open Water Diver course and may want to pursue other advanced kids courses.
Diver Age Restrictions at a Glance:
- Age 8 and 9 - Maximum Depth - 4 metres.
- Age 10 and 11 - Maximum Depth - 12 metres. After certification - must dive with a parent / guardian or PADI professional.
- Age 12 to 14 - Maximum Depth - 18 metres for Junior Open Water. 21 metres for continuing education. After certification - must dive with an adult certified diver.
- Age under 18 - Must have parental consent.