- At Aquaholics we are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. This policy outlines what information we gather from you, how we use it and how you may control our use of your personal information.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect
your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we protect you
- web site firewall
- web site secure certificate
- web server security
- encryption internal firewall
- Our cookies exist to enhance your visit to our website. They collect information to allow you to go back and forth between pages but do not gather personal information. Any information they gather will be deleted automatically when you leave our site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect from you and process the following data:
- your name, address, various delivery addresses, email address, contact telephone numbers, password, password question and answer, and card details which can be used when you subsequently place an order, information that you provide to us when placing an order online or by filling in any online registration form which we may make
available on our Website. For example, your name, email address, payment address and card details which are essential for processing an order;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- information which you voluntarily disclose to us by email or other means;
- information that you provide if you report a problem with our website;
- details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- internal analysis purposes;
- our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment. We may contact you to check your card details;
- to provide regular updates and newsletters in respect of our products and services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website where you have chosen to do so;
- to administer and otherwise perform our obligations in relation to the goods and/or services which we have agreed to provide to you. For example, we may use an outside carrier company to deliver orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes;
- to provide you with information, products or services including any marketing that you have requested from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes and otherwise to respond to queries which you may submit;
- to notify you about changes to our website;
- to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you provided by us;
- if you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of previous sales to you and you may opt out of receiving these e-mails or SMS at your discretion;
- you should be aware that if we are requested to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of
website use or supply terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Aquaholics, our customers or others to provide your personal information and/or user information, we are entitled to do so. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
Sale of Business
- If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
- By placing an order online, over the telephone or during the registration process you will be giving us your consent.
- If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy please contact us at: email@example.com. You can also write to us at: Aquaholics 14 Portmore Road Portstewart Northern Ireland BT55 7BE.
Correcting/updating personal information
- If your personal information changes (such as your post code) please let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 7083 2584 or 07968 164 748.
Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- We are the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from those disclosed in this statement. We will not collect information from our users at several different points on our website unless we are legally entitled or required to do so, or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of other users of this website. Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes without your express permission.
- Further information on the data protection act 1998 can also be found on the Information Commisioner's websire at http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.
- Use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions.